Thursday, August 26, 2010

The Parking Garage

OK, so have you ever had trouble getting out of a parking garage?  Well, I have. 

Last week we went to Weber Grill downtown with Mike's parents.  I had to meet them there because I was giving lesson so Mike drove with his parents and I drove by myself.


source

source
I parked in a parking garage that I have parked in many times before, but this time I parked on the 5th level instead of the usual 2nd.  I've been parking in this garage since I was about 18 and driving to Pan Am to put skaters on for competition, but seriously I've never had to park above the 2nd level. 

So we finished dinner...which was REALLY good by the way...and then said our goodbyes, walked around for a bit, and then finally made it back to my car.  I was driving and Mike was in the passenger seat. 


Apparently the signs for getting out of the parking garage PAST THE 2ND LEVEL were not very clear.  Mike became a little angry with me because I kept making wrong turns... where it would say exit ->, I would go -> and then I'd be back on the 5th level.  Then I'd try it again, assuming I missed the exit...The first time I did...but after that, where it would say to exit, it would only go up so we went around again. 

It probably took us 20 minutes to get out the garage... 
source
My favorite part though was when Mike thought it was all me and I was doing it wrong (And I was), he tried to guide me and I was all for it because I totally wanted out of this large garage maze.  So he tried to tell me where to turn and which ways to go...and we still ended up going the wrong way. 

Finally with a bit of teamwork we turned out onto Illinois St.  THANK GOD!!! 

And we drove home.

No comments:

Post a Comment