Monday, November 8, 2010

No More Craigslist

Last Thursday I found some bookshelves on Craigslist.  I didn't know how tall they were, but they were tall.  And to date, we've always been able to fit everything I've found/bought/wanted/needed into our little Ford Escape. 

Well, on Saturday morning, I asked Mike to go with me to pick up these bookshelves I found on Craigslist.  We went and he complained the whole time and then at the beginning of the drive over, he asked how big they were.  I said, I don't know about 6ft maybe?!  They are the big ones. 

Mike - They won't fit. 
Abby - Well then lets call her and tell her we don't want them and we'll turn around and go home.
Mike - No.  We'll get them. 

So we did.  They didn't fit. 

Mike shoved them into the back seat along with me and we drove all the way home with the trunk/hatch wide open - ALL THE WAY UP - me on my knees in the back holding onto these bookcases for dear life and also so I wouldn't fly out either. 

Mike was waving and honking at everyone that drove by.  He loves to embarrass me.  I didn't look out the back when someone was behind us.  I was mortified and here he is waving and honking.  He may as well have put up a sign in the window that said I totally just won an argument with my wife and I'm trying to humiliate her so she won't ever make me do this again. 

Yep...so that's why there's no more Craigslist.  Mikes e-freaking-lated.  Me, not so much.

Unless of course I rent a truck or we get a bigger car.  This is a total bummer too b/c they were a great deal.  $100 bookcases for $15 each.  I love deals.

No comments:

Post a Comment